Monday, July 22, 2013

DIY Gold Chunky Chain Necklace


I've been wanting to make this for a really long time and finally got around to it! So here's what you'll need:

  • chain (purchased at a jewelry/bead shop)
  • pliers
  • 2 jump rings
  • 1 clasp
  • *2 links from a smaller chain (this is only needed if your jump rings are too small to fit around the chunky chain)


I bought some chain from a local jewelry/bead shop that sold it by the metre. I measured how long I wanted the necklace to be and used pliers to unlink the length I needed. 
clasp
jump rings (ignore the horrible quality)
My chain was too thick for the jump ring to go around it so I had to use a link from a thinner chain and attached the jump ring around that. If your chain isn't as thick as mine, skip this step and just use the jump ring. Then I used pliers to open the jump rings and the thinner link chain.

Attach the clasp to the jump ring.
Do the same thing to the other side of the chain. 

That's the final look!


No comments:

Post a Comment